POTUS 08 - "Easy on the eyes"!

It's a historical election year. For the first time in a long time, we have a exciting new voice in American in the form of Barrack Obama, an African American who is running for the President of the United States. I couldn't be more elated! As an African American woman; I'm proud of his accomplishments and I fully support his political platform. I will proudly cast my vote for him on November 4th!

Now what does this political statement on my candidate of choice have to do with art? My mother use to say that when a man was very attractive that he was "easy on the eyes". How appropriate! This is certainly true of Mr. Obama. I've collected dozens of pictures of him (incidentally, looking very presidential) that I'm carefully placing into a paper collage, one that will then be fitted into a patriotic quilt that will become part a permanent part of my personal collection.

Regardless of whether or not my choice becomes the next POTUS, this is a wonderful time for me. I never thought that I would see this phenomenon in my lifetime...I'm so proud and will reflect these feelings via my fiber piece... I'll keep you posted.

Living Creatively, Santeena

Comments

Popular Posts