Quick Stetch of Martin Luther King Jr.

I was reading today that 2011 marks the 25th year of MLK Day being celebrated in all 50 states...Wow! What a wonderful achievement for an extraordinary man.  To say that he has had influence on my life is an understatement.  I remember as a kid in South Central LA how we studied Dr. King and other prominent black leaders during Black History Month. At the tender age of 8 years old, I stetch my first portrait of Dr. King.  He was a formidable subject then and as he remains for me till this day. 

This quick stetch of Dr. King to the right celebrates his legacy to seeking peace and equal opportunities for all human beings.  His legacy lives on today. Living Creatively, Sandra

Comments

lenasdaughter said…
Your sketch is gorgeous, Sandi! You are so talented! You really captured the essence of Dr. King!

Popular Posts