Hello Down There!

Every month I attend local Fiber Arts meetings to get inspiration, network, etc.  Today I was present at the Quilts on the Wall meeting; a local group of very talented artists that come from ways as far south as Del Mar in San Diego County, to ways as far north as San Luis Obisbo.  Each year in QOTW we have a challenge quilt exhibit where members take a theme and create a quilt based on that particular theme. This year's theme is Discovery. The Discovery quilts were due today and honestly; the pieces submitted that I saw today blew me away!  Awesome work. My submittal for this years exhibit is  "Hello down there!  It's my fiber arts interpretation of Nasa's Discovery of a shrimp-like amphipod 600 feet beneath the surface of the ice in Antarctica.  Check it out.    

Comments

Linda A. Miller said…
I agree with you, the entries for Discovery were phenomenal. I heartily include your piece in that compliment...wonderful work! With all that unique artistry, looks like this will be a super show.

Popular Posts