A tribute to the new president

Today, January 20, 2009 was a spectacular day! A new chapter was curved out in American History with the inauguration of President Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States, our country's first African-American President. I arranged to have the day off from work to be able to watch the inauguration festivities uninterrupted. I didn't want to miss a thing. Because of all the excitement of the day; I was inspired to create, so I multi-tasked while watching America’s change of power. My sewing machine was humming as I did the last piecing and then quilting of my artistic tribute to President Obama; the "Everybody's All American" quilt. Featured below is the entire quilt three-quarters complete. Here's a close up of one of the panels of the quilt; a portrait of the new leader of the free world smiling intently. For the first time in history, two million people of all ages, races and religions braved the cold temperatures to be present at the capital's quad to view Obama's swearing in ceremony. President Obama is truly a leader for every person. It was a joy for me to be able to pay tribute to him in ink and cloth. Beads, hand stitching and binding will be done to complete this quilt for it's unveiling this weekend at inauguration party. I'm so proud of our new President As always, Living creatively, Sandra


Comments

Popular Posts