Progress made on the Obama Quilt


I love this time of year....The holiday season always brings warm thoughts to mind about being with family; playing games and staying cozy inside the house. When it's cold outside, that's when I'm the most creative. Living here in Southern California it's very seldom that we have very cold temperatures. Winter officially began this past weekend. The weather was overcast; just perfect to help unleash my creative juices. I reviewed my animal photos from safari and did some preliminary sketches of the "big five". They'll be water color photos that will be revealed soon. I also did the some piecing on the Obama Quilt. I'm in love with the main focus of the quilt; the stars section of a flag featuring a ink painting of President elect Obama; but not so please with the photo collage to be featured in the stripes portion of the quilt. Consequently, I decide to also fabric paint these photo vignettes onto the stripes. Decisions, decisions!!! Just below are photos of the quilt in progress. Tell me what you think.
Living Creatively,
Sandra

Comments

Popular Posts