Beads, trinkets, feathers and more beads

Hey there....

Well, for the two art quilts I'm feverishly working on to have completed by September 13th. I finally finished the piecing for each quilt top and I'm now onto the fine details of embellishment. Although this process is sometimes very time consuming; the need to place each bead "just in the right spot" is critically important. A long process, but the part of the quilting process I enjoy the best. On the 50th Year Quilt, I've chosen adrinka buttons, african beads, cowrie shells, feathers and trinkets. These fun items are all just waiting to be picked for careful placement on this very personal quilt. After it's showing, this art piece will definitely be a fixture in my personal collection. I just need to find the right spot for it on a wall in my home....

Comments

Popular Posts